Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFS252: how to reuse same Lab environment instance, for each Lab ?

Options

Hi,

I'm trying different lab exercises, but whenever I click on "Launch Lab Environment" button in the training page, it creates a new VM instance, and I have to re-do the whole thing again. I would like to reuse and build on top of my previous lab exercises.

Example: I had created a custom deployment of openstack using custom devstack configuration after completing Chapter-2. However, it was lost as soon as I closed my home browser, and I'm not able to recover it.

(1) Is there a way to save my lab environment (current Lab VM instance), after each lab. And access it again may be next day ?
(2) Is there a way to keep my Lab environment alive for the entire course session ?

with regards, pekon

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,904
    Options

Hi, as mentioned on page 1.7.b, provisioned labs are available for a maximum of 6 hours. However, each lab is decommissioned after 60 minutes of inactivity.

• pekon
    pekon Posts: 12
    Options

Hi fcionca,

Is there a way you may map $HOME for each login to same persistent storage volume, because it helps to keep notes and log outputs from each LAB ? You may delete the volume, say if user does not access it for 60 days, or the tutorial login expires.

Currently I have to re-write the commands and notes outside the browser based shell, and CTRL+C does not work most of the time, so having a persitant volume helps, as I maintain my notes and logs across the LABs, and then in the end, copy them offline.

with regards, pekon

Categories

Upcoming Training