Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

trouble with flash

Hello,

I have Ubuntu and i have a face book account. through this Fb account i play a flash game called YoVille. For some reason that i can't understand, my menus won't load and it is interfering with game play. I know what you are going to say and i tell you its been tried. i contacted them complete with screen shots and their reply was to reinstall the application, then to uninstall then reinstall Flash from the website. and when that didn't work. I contacted Flash and they say its a problem with my OS not "talking" to the flash program correctly for some reason. There is another computer in the house with this same OS and it is working there. So I believe it is just my computer. What can we do about this? Do I need to somehow reinstall Ubuntu? and if so how do I do this? I look forward to getting some answers to this problem.

Shila

Comments

• try to install java and flash player update it
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    jun2x wrote:
    try to install java and flash player update it

Antonio is correct. through "package manager"you need to install/reinstall java and flash. If flash was not installed, then firefox would have prompted you to install and would have allowed you to choose a version. based upon the assumption of no message from firefox, I would way that java has not been installed on your system.

Categories

Upcoming Training