Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

New course version now live

Hi,

A new course version of LFS201 went live today. We have updated some of the existing conetnt, as well as added two new chapters: Chapter 28. Virtualization Overview and Chapter 29. Containers Overview

To ensure you have access to the latest updates, please clear your cache before accessing the course.

We hope you will have a great learning experience and enjoy the new LFS201.

Regards,

The Linux Foundation Training Team

Comments

• emillion
    emillion Posts: 3
    edited December 2017

I appreciate the new content, but was unpleasantly surprised to see that the content had been reorganized.  After studying material for 6 months, logged in today to work on chapter 16 only to see I had already studied that content, and that there was material in chapters 1-15 that I had not yet covered.  Do you have an explanation for how the chapters were re-arranged, and which were added, so I don't have to go through my notes and figure this out manually?

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,902

Hi emilion,

The chapter reorganization (along with content updates and additions) was done at the end of July, and an email had been sent at that time letting everyone know what changed. One reason for not noticing the changes sooner may be by not clearing the cache or by 'forcing' the platform to stay in the old course version by directing it to go to the last page accessed. On December 8th we updated the course again, adding two new chapters on Virtualization and Containers. It may be helpful to review the entire course at this point.

I hope this helps,

Flavia

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

I'd like to add that the reorganization was done at the request of students comments.  For example we were starting with some of the more complicated material rather than having a smoother glide path.  As Flavia commented, the details fo the restructuring were explained in an email to all students in July, and unfortunately it must have gotten buried in your email folders :(

• olivieraf
    olivieraf Posts: 8
    edited December 2017

hi! why am i unable to download video on the platform..?

regards!

• fcioanca
    edited December 2017

Hi Olivier,

There is no video download option enabled for the course. You can watch them using the player incorporated in the course, you can enable closed captions, but downloading them is not possible.

Regards,

Flavia

• olivieraf
    olivieraf Posts: 8
    edited December 2017

oki!

thanks you Flavia

• Thanks for the explanation; it sounds like I was late to the party.  It is a bummer I missed the email :(

My browser is set to clear its cache every time I close it, so I know that was not the issue.  I've been in the habit of selecting "Yes" to start where I've left off which clearly was the issue and I will avoid that moving forward.

I'll start from the beginning and work my way though.

Thanks again!

• jengel
    jengel Posts: 41

I'm a bit confused.  This notice were published in December but your comment say content updates were done in July and only the two new chapters were added in Dec. This would mean the original notification were incorrect in stating there were other content updates?

As there aren't any detailed release notes, we won't know what we've missed and  given the size of this course, it would not be very practicle us to (or reasonable to expect) redo the cours to fish out maybe a few lines of changes (whihc may be or not be very important information)

• fcioanca
    Hi,

I am not sure what is confusing. The last course update was in December 2017, when, as stated, we added 2 new chapters. My response to the other student was in regards to something elae, referencing a reorganization in the course outline that took place July 2017. Every time we deploy a course update we post in the forum.

Regards,
    Flavia
  • jengel
    edited August 2018

I see. So in July the chapters were moved around so maybe what was in (fictional example) Chapter 1now would be in Chapter 6, etc. And that is what you were referring to?

Did you thus mean to only refer to reorginization and not genelarly on content when you said: "On December 8th we updated the course again, adding two new chapters on Virtualization and Containers.". Which mean other content were updated? If so, then were these content update only corrections or were additional information added?

I started this course in August~September last year so the July changes don't affect me. I have also have not reached the two new chapters yet, so its impact also does not affect me. However, I do need to understand if I need to go back on some chapters I may have completed already.

If there is a list of changes, or at least a list of upated chapters, we can reference?

• fcioanca
    Most other updates were minor and included corrections that were flagged in the forum up until that point. There is no list of updates that can be referenced, other than what is posted in the forum.
  • jengel

Sounds like I having nothing to worry about then. :):)

Thank you for clarifying.

Categories

Upcoming Training