Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

PDF for online content?

johnmenke
johnmenke Posts: 1
edited March 2018 in LFS258 Class Forum

I see you can download the labs, but what about the training materials?  There is a sample chapter download but what about the full training?

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited March 2018
    Hi John,

Only the lab exercises are available for download, training materials are not. You have 1 year access to the training materials from the moment you purchase the course, and that includes access to all course updates that we make within that year of access (your enrollment is automatically transfered to the latest updated content). The sample chapter on linux.com was to promote the online course, however, at this point in time, that sample chapter contains outdated information.

Regards,
    Flavia
  • sw00t
    sw00t Posts: 1
    edited April 2018

This is something that really bothers me. There is a TON of good information in this course, however in this version of the course the way the content is structured slows my learning significantly. So to keep sane and actually learn the material, I take notes because selecting / copying / pasting material isn't enabled. Then when I view the drop down the list of modules, my jaw hits the floor.

1yr access to the online material has far less value to me as a student, than having ANY sort of downloadable course material / content / manual. The downloadable Lab manual is flat out not sufficient.

I really hope this changes, and very soon.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Hi,

The course content will not be available for download, only the lab exercises. Within the 1 year access period, you will always have access to the latest course updates. This course is meant to give you a good Kubernetes foundation, which you can then solidify with continuous practice, and research (there is vast documentation available online). Also, keep in mind that this is a very dynamic technology, and things can get outdated pretty fast - this is where research comes in play and can be very helpful.

Regards,

Flavia

Categories

Upcoming Training