Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 3.2 use script to join hypervisor to cloud

Options

Hi, on lab 3.2 i am getting an error when running the ./tools/disocver_hosts.sh command, here is the output below, any ideas?

An error has occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/cmd/manage.py", line 1863, in main

ret = fn(*fn_args, **fn_kwargs)

File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/cmd/manage.py", line 1583, in discover_hosts

hosts = host_mapping_obj.discover_hosts(ctxt, cell_uuid, status_fn)

File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/objects/host_mapping.py", line 206, in discover_hosts

cell_mappings = objects.CellMappingList.get_all(ctxt)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_versionedobjects/base.py", line 184, in wrapper

result = fn(cls, context, *args, **kwargs)

File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/objects/cell_mapping.py", line 137, in get_all

db_mappings = cls._get_all_from_db(context)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 978, in wrapper

with self._transaction_scope(context):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/contextlib.py", line 17, in __enter__

return self.gen.next()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 1028, in _transaction_scope

context=context) as resource:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/contextlib.py", line 17, in __enter__

return self.gen.next()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 633, in _session

bind=self.connection, mode=self.mode)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 398, in _create_session

self._start()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 484, in _start

engine_args, maker_args)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 506, in _setup_for_connection

"No sql_connection parameter is established")

CantStartEngineError: No sql_connection parameter is established

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

Hello,

The discover_hosts command was used when the an added hypervisor is not showing up after being added to the cluster. It was a bug, that may have been addressed.  Were you able to add the second node, and spin up an instance without this script?  As well, which node were you on when you ran the command, the devstack-cc or the compute-node?

Regards,

• Hamad Yousif
    Options

Hello

I had the same issue but I realized that I was on compute-node when I ran the script. Once I returned to devstack-cc, everything went well.

Thanks

Categories

Upcoming Training