Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Install Gateone on Centos 7

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to install Gateone on my Centos 7 Virtual Machine and I'm having a few problems.

I've followed their installationg guide.

I've downloaded the package from their website and I've tried to install it.

The problem seems to be that Centos 7 comes with Python 2.7 ang Gateone needs Python 2.6.

I've downloaded Python 2.6 from their web and installed as well.

But Everytime I try to insall Gateone tolds me that I have Python 2.7 and I'm not sure if it's possible to downgrade it or to uninstall version 2.7.

Anyone can help me, please? It's possible that Gateone is not compatible with Centos 7?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

Is it a third party software, right? Is there any official rpm or source rpm package you can get?

Regards,

Luis.

• Hi Luis.

There are a few packages or tarballs at Gateone downloads page, but all of them fail when I try to run it with Centos 7.

I guess I will discover how Gateone works when I take the exam!

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers.

• Hi Efrén,

In that case you were trying to install the server, and I don't think you need that for taking the exam (in fact you will be in the client's side).

I hope everything is ok when taking it.

Regards,

Luis.

• Hi Luis,

I know I don't need it to take the exam, but I wanted to try how the browser environment looks like so I don't have to discover it at the very exam.

Nevermind, we'll see.

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144
    edited November 2017

You are welcome, and get luck in the exam :)

• jonathan_k
    jonathan_k Posts: 2
    edited December 2017

For anyone else that wants to test the GateOne software before the exam I think the easiest way is to run the Docker container:

sudo docker run -d --name=gateone -p 443:8000 liftoff/gateone

You should now be able to access the application from a browser on the Docker host at https://localhost/.

From here, you need to point the gateone SSH application at a valid host running an SSH daemon.

Option 1 is to use the Docker host

Get the IP of your Docker host:

$ sudo docker inspect -f '{{range .NetworkSettings.Networks}}{{.Gateway}}{{end}}' gateone 172.17.0.1

Then in the GateOne web application use a valid user on the host:

[Press Shift-F1 for help] Host/IP or ssh:// URL [localhost]: 172.17.0.1 Port [22]: User: jonathan Connecting to ssh://jonathan@172.17.0.1:22 <snip> jonathan@172.17.0.1's password: jonathan@nomad ~ $

Option 2 is to run another Docker container with an SSH daemon

Password for root is node as per the Dockerfile.

Start it and get the IP address:

$ sudo docker run -d --name sshd ncc0706/alpine-sshd $ sudo docker inspect -f '{{range .NetworkSettings.Networks}}{{.IPAddress}}{{end}}' sshd 172.17.0.3

Then in the GateOne web application:

[Press Shift-F1 for help] Host/IP or ssh:// URL [localhost]: 172.17.0.3 Port [22]: User: root Connecting to ssh://root@172.17.0.3:22 root@172.17.0.3's password: <snip> 3e201f6cbb29:~#

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144
    edited December 2017

Hi jonathan_k,

That's very helpful for those who are looking into get it running! Did you need anything special form the client's side? I mean, install any component, plugin, etc?

Thanks,

Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training