Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 4.1 : why no log for fake_service stop when restarting system?

msnep
msnep Posts: 3

I've just started with the course.

I am wondering why there is no log that fake_service is stopped when the system goes for a restart, but there is a 'start' log.

If I first shutdown the system, and then manually start the VM, then there is both a 'start' and 'stop' log.

I enabled this service to automatically start at boot (chkconfig fake_service on).

Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

Comments

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144
    edited March 2017

Hi,

What distro and version are you using for this test?

Thanks,

Luis.

• msnep
    edited June 2017

sorry for the delay...

Linux version 3.10.0-514.6.1.el7.x86_64 (builder@kbuilder.dev.centos.org) (gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 18 13:06:36 UTC 2017

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    edited June 2017

if it works fine with a manual stop and then restart of the VM, it sounds like there is somethign wrong with the "restart" method you are using.  Are you clicking on the GUI button for restart?

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    edited June 2017

Also please note that you are running CentOS7 -- which is fully systemd based and there is only a compatibnility layer for the sysvinit.  It doesn't work well sometimes and it is probably not worth figuring out why it does not work :)

• msnep
    edited June 2017

Thanks. I started over with the course, VM, everything, and actually it seems to work perfectly fine now. In the old setup it was all very slow on my machine, maybe that caused some anomalies. I hope I can get the momentum going now and finish the course :)

Categories

Upcoming Training