Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

UEFI

Options
staticaldave
staticaldave Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Installation

Hello

I was hoping someone could possibly assist me with the PRE INSTALL that I need to do

with UEFI and DUAL BOOTING CentOS 7 alongside Windows 10

The issue I am having is booting from the ISO image I have created.

For some reason or another, I am not able to boot from the disc

and have done the following.

The disc works fine on another machine (NON UEFI).

DISABLED FAST BOOT

Set Secure Boot to OTHER OS

DISABLED CSM (compatibility Support Module)

Restart and from the opening EUFI page, I swapped the DVD(CentOS 7)

drive to post before UEFI HDD(Windows 10).

Please help

Thanks in advance

Hello, I am closing this post. It turns out that the attempts to change any settings were not needed as CentOS 7 comes equipped with it's own PK Key required for Secure Boot and UEFI install so; All I needed to do was hit F8 when the system booted and then select the CD/DVD from the boot menu. I am using the Asus M32BF Series Motherboard. After contacting Asus support I was directed to disable the Secure Boot from UEFI settings Power OFF/ON and press ESC to get the Boot Menu. Obviously this was not the case. There was no need to disable any of the UEFI settings mentioned at all and clearly they did not direct me to the proper key to launch the Boot Menu.

Thanks again for the help that was proposed

sincerely staticaldave

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Options

I believe you have to disable secure boot when booting another OS without a secure boot key. There should be an option to disable secure boot on your system. Once you do that, try booting again.

• staticaldave
    Options

Thankyou for your response saqman. In referring to secure boot without key is this the PK Key and, if I delete the PK key what will happen to the key is it then gone for good? I remember reading a while back on a forum; which I could not locate again that you must save the key? I have attempted to launch the OS with secure boot disabled and it still does not allow me to boot the disc...

Thanks in advance

staticaldave

Categories

Upcoming Training