Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

which linux OS for my ACER

Options
whitestrat
whitestrat Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in New to Linux

hi, guys

i want to install Linux, but which OS will be suitable for my acer, extensa 5235 laptop,  i use my laptop for emailing, browsing and playing cd's/dvd's

thank for your time guys,

whitestrat

SYSTEM SPEC,

Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU          900  @ 2.20GHz, 2195 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date    Phoenix V1.3311, 21/12/2009   

SMBIOS Version    2.5   

Embedded Controller Version    255.255   

BIOS Mode    Legacy   

BaseBoard Manufacturer    Acer

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    4.00 GB   

Total Physical Memory    3.90 GB   

Available Physical Memory    2.97 GB   

Total Virtual Memory    4.59 GB   

Available Virtual Memory    3.77 GB

[Disks]

Description    Disk drive   

Manufacturer    (Standard disk drives)   

Model    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

[Display]

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Adapter Description    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) 

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    edited September 2016
    Options

Almost any modern Linux distro can run on your Laptop. Since you mainly use your laptop to access web services and light entertainment, go with a system that is light on resources and does not expect you multi-task heavy applications at one time. You don't have a dual-core cpu and we don't know sure the size of your data-bus or Lcache memory. 

I am a Ubuntu user. Lubuntu and Xubuntu are designed to be light on resources. Lubuntu would be the lightest of the two.  You can play DvDs and CDs and access web-based media on both. During installation, you have the option of installing media programs that will allow you to play DVDs and access web-based media. I would go  with Lubuntu just so you have more resources for your browser to access.http://lubuntu.net/

Categories

Upcoming Training