Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

unstable Lab Environment !

neghtedari
neghtedari Posts: 12

I've noticed that the Lab environment keeps resetting itself on me for the past couple of days;

while I'm working on the lab, it suddently freezes and when i refresh the page, I get the following message which takes about an hour to finish :

Lab: LFS252, lab3.1 (neghtedari)

We are setting up a brand new lab for you. This process may take some time to complete, so please be patient.

-------------------------------------

this should only happen if I actually "Start Over" the lab but that is not the case and it happens constantly without me clicking on anything. once the lab environment is seupt again, I have to redo everything only for it to happen again !!!@!#$

is anyone else experiencing a similar issue with the lab environment?

Comments

• kskalvar
    kskalvar Posts: 10
    edited August 2016

Yup, ran into issues right off.  I believe they're working on it.  Stay tuned.  The price is right so I'm willing to be patient but I thought it would be a bit better.

• thanks for your comment, I've emailed training@linuxfoundation.org , hopefully they will get this fixed soon....

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2016

While running lab 3.1 just now I had the cosine app crash. Instead of using the browser reload, or the start over function try to right click inside the window. The first reload I got an error but when I hit reload a second time the terminal returned and all my work was still there.

While this is not optimal, it may save some hassle until the bug can be addressed. 

Regards,

• neghtedari
    edited August 2016

Thanks for that serewicz, your suggestion certainly helps the get around some of the issues here, I've been waiting for a few days to get some help from training team but no response has come from the so far...

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2016

My pleasure. My understanding is a series of scripts were rolled out yesterday afternoon to combat the issues. Hopefully many, if not all, are now fixed. 

• I think now the Lab is stable, I tried it within the past couple of hours and it is not causing me the pain I guess they did fix it...

• kskalvar

Hey guys, can you keep this thread updated when lab issues are resolved?  I got a refund on the class until they get all the lab issues worked out and I don't want to get started again until they're pretty well fixed.

Thanks!!

• Unfortunately it seems that it is still unstable, I try to launch a new lab and sure enough, I get the following message : 

"We are setting up a brand new lab for you. This process may take some time to complete, so please be patient."

this prepration takes over an hour and sure enough next time I want to access it, the same thing happens again.

I have sent over 5 emails to the training team about this issue, they don't even bother to answer...

• kskalvar
    edited August 2016

Hmm, they're pretty good usually about answering not sure how you're contacting them.  Try emailing at  Adrian Rodriguez directly at rodriguez@linuxfoundation.org.  He's been very good at responding to my requests.

• neghtedari
    edited August 2016

Thanks very much kskalvar for your help, I will try to contact him dricetly. cheers

Categories

Upcoming Training