Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Linux Mint giving blank screen when booting up!!

he1101tsme
he1101tsme Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Drivers

I didnt know which forum to post this in so I just guessed. Please direct me as to where to post this in the future. Anyways, the problem I am facing is that every time I am booting up on linux mint normally it just shows me a blank screen(not a black screen, its like black but lighted up from behind). But when i go into recovery it goes into the OS. Everything else in the OS looks alright and all drivers and updates have been installed from Driver Manager and Package Manager, respectively. Its very annoying as soft rebooting does not work. Please help D:

Comments

• anyone? Mod please let me know how often people respond to forums and by when i should expect a response

Thanks!

• dday35216
    dday35216 Posts: 71

Even though you say all drivers have been installed, it would appear that you have a video driver issue. I would start by finding the vendor and model of your video card and googling "Linux Mint 'your video card' problems" and see what you find. More than likely , there are instructions to solve this for your particular card.

• dday35216
    dday35216 Posts: 71

Even though you say all drivers have been installed, it would appear that you have a video driver issue. I would start by finding the vendor and model of your video card and googling "Linux Mint 'your video card' problems" and see what you find. More than likely , there are instructions to solve this for your particular card.

Categories

Upcoming Training