Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

music from bookmarks to a folder on the desktop

I have lots of You Tube music saved in bookmarks. Is there anyway i can put all that music files from the bookmarks to the desktop folder? Thanks Chuck

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    edited March 2016
    You can create a symbolic link of your browser's bookmark file and put it in your desktop folder, or you can simply copy/paste the file to your desktop.

However, depending on the browser you are using, for instance firefox, the bookmark file is part of firefox's profile which is a layout of how firefox is setup based on user preferences. This particular file is a special file, meaning it requires a special program to read it. You could use a text editor but the amount of machine language mixed within the file will make it a sore to read out the text.

From what I was able to investigate, the bookmark folder it part of the browser and cab only be accessed by the browser as I can see.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data
  • saqman2060
    chuckracer wrote:
    I have lots of You Tube music saved in bookmarks. Is there anyway i can put all that music files from the bookmarks to the desktop folder? Thanks Chuck

I did a little more research on browser bookmarks. What I found was exciting and fun to play with. I written a blog to document it. The blog hightlights firefox but I think it should give an idea on how to accomplish your goals.

Learn the layout of firefox's local profile folder
  • saqman2060
    chuckracer wrote:

I did a little more research on browser bookmarks. What I found was exciting and fun to play with. I written a blog to document it. The blog hightlights firefox but I think it should give an idea on how to accomplish your goals.

Learn the layout of firefox's local profile folder

I updated the blog, http://fusionpie.blogspot.com/2016/03/learning-firefoxs-local-profile-folder.html

Categories

Upcoming Training