Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

5.3 FHS Linux Standard Directory Tree

Options

I have noticed that the link to the download of current "Filesystem Hierarchy Standard" (version 2.3) appears to be dead on the related page of the LFS201 course.

A quick web search yielded a link to the new 3.0 standards (published March of 2015) at https://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/FHS_3.0/fhs-3.0.pdf

The data page of Course LFS201 located under the header "5.3 FHS Linux Directory Tree" didn't get updated yet and it will be corrected to show the new 3.0 standards, instead of having the dead link to the 2.3 standards.

I have emailed the support team and confirmed the course contains a dead link and is out of date on this topic. The need for an update has been documented and will be addressed in the next release of the courseware. The update will not be displayed until a new version of the course is released, but they are aware of the issue.

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Options
    Thinks for pointing this out and updating us on new Linux system developments.
  • luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for informing the support team on this. I'll get in touch with them as well just to remind them.

Regards,
    Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training