Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Login on LF Training Account page "half expires"

Options

I'm reporting an issue on the "Linux Foundation Training Account" page. I'm doing this here because there's no obvious way to report issues on that page.

I've repeatedly noticed that the login on this page seems "persistent", as when I leave the page up in my browser for a long time (overnight, for instance), when I come back to it I can navigate to the various tabs and see my account information, including the classes I'm registered for (LFS201, for instance). However, if I click "Launch Course", it often gives me a generic Apache error page. I've seen this happen numerous times. I find that when this happens, I have to deliberately log out of the page, and then log in again. After that point, the "launch course" operation works.

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    Options
    Our IT people tell me you are probably getting logged out of the LMS because of extended period of time with no activity, so as to not consume resources with zombie sessions. Perhaps the error message is not informative but the general behavour is probably as expected. We'll investigate further.

Categories

Upcoming Training