Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Scanner Problem

I have a n Epson sx415 3in1 printer everything works fine except the scanner, every time I try to use it the message "Scanner not detected" appears.

How can I get Ubuntu to recognize my scanner..

Comments

• RickSMO
    RickSMO Posts: 123
    Well i'm new to linux, but first thing you can do is try hooking it up to a different computer if you have one available. If you run into the same issue then it's most likely a hardware issue and you just saved yourself a lot of headache.

It's most likely not, but on the slight chance it is, it's worth taking the time to check.

Second thing I'd do is verify you have the correct drivers, even if the rest of the printer is functioning it is still possible to be using the wrong drivers.

Hope this helps, let me know if you resolve your issue or tried these and what happened.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I recently read a few threads related to the scanner problem. Make sure you have the file libsane-hpaio installed, that seems to be one answer. Also, I hear some distros compilation of hplip seems to be problematic. I've heard that removing the distro supplied hplip and compiling from source solves the problem.
    If your like me and aren't experienced compiling your own apps, the later might not be a solution. I don't really use my printer as a scanner, so I can't give you further advice. Hopefully someone will come along that has set up you Epson as a scanner.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Pers sane the 410 series of printers do have support included for the scanner functions, http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=epson&model=sx410&bus=any&v=&p=

Please check your system to verify that sane is installed and that you have the most reason version.
  • mfillpot wrote:
    Please check your system to verify that sane is installed and that you have the most reason version.
    On many systems its call XSane. If you install that it may resolve any dependency issues.

P.S. Some of those Epson scanners are not powered through the USB cable, so make sure its plugged in...
  • agyal
    agyal Posts: 7
    helpfull post thanks all

1421625202.jpg

Categories

Upcoming Training