Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Change re:xdg user-dirs and gtk 3.0 bookmarks file

I hope that I can get an answer here. I asked the following[modified [] to make it current] at LinuxForums.org and so far no response.

"Does anybody know, or can anybody tell me where to ask about the following?

For a while now, I have been "fighting" with File Managers to automatically show my modified xdg user-dirs directories in their sidepanes or bookmark lists, and have not gotten far.

Suddenly, yesterday(7/7), when I booted, the two FMs PCManFM and Nemo both showed the xdg directories, and both were using the ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks file, which had not been true the day before when I had been experimenting with adding/removing that file or the other bookmarks file (~/.gtk-bookmarks), and adding/removing bookmarks.

The bookmarks file was dated as of yesterday's boot.

Today(7/8), it is dated as of today's boot.

[Today(7/9), it is dated as of today's boot. I have added a bookmark, and we'll see if the contents and/or date change tomorrow.]

Neither FM was updated recently, but I installed an updated Linux kernal (3.13.0-30) on Sat. or Sun.

This brings to mind the question:

Did the latest kernal change anything that relates to xdg user-dirs, or to the file: ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks?

What might have changed to Linux, that might have changed the behaviour of the two FMs?

Again, if this is the wrong place to ask (or people here don't know), where should I ask?

Thank you.

-Scott "

[There are, obviously, some differences between the normal Linux kernal and that used by Tuxonice, but where they differ should only concern power-management, not xdg user-dirs and gtk bookmarks.

If I am mistaken, please let me know, and I will pose my question at the/a Tuxonice forum.]

--------------------------

scott@scott-AsusM2N68-AM-Plus:~$ uname -a

Linux scott-AsusM2N68-AM-Plus 3.13.0-30-generic-tuxonice #54~ppa1-Ubuntu SMP Sat Jun 28 10:36:21 UTC 2014 i686 athlon i686 GNU/Linux

scott@scott-AsusM2N68-AM-Plus:~$ lsb_release -dsc

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

trusty

scott@scott-AsusM2N68-AM-Plus:~$ echo $DESKTOP_SESSION

Lubuntu

Comments

Categories

Upcoming Training