Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

miniPC wout ARM

Hello,

Perhaps not right place for this question. I must ask you if anyone knows any miniPC hardware that is NOT based on ARM processors? You perhaps know about Odroid? They use ARM Vx processors. I want a miniPC BUT not with ARM. Why? Some nice applications don't work with ARM such as Netflix and Skype. I want Linux...not only for Netflix/Skype. Also because the config going to be more flexible.

miniPC for me is low cost, HDMI out, some USB-ports, small sized, flashmemory and with Linux.

! At last, I'm rather new to Linux and miniPC and can make many mistakes so have patient with me.

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Have you looked at the mini-ATX boards that have embedded x86 CPUs?
  • Yes. Thanks! I looking into both. It seems that Intel NUC is more ready-for-use. However, I need to add RAM, wifi and SATA-SSD but it still not expencive.
    This can be really great if this unit is conn to a TV-set and I use a wireless keyb/mouse. Of course, I can buy a used laptop, but I think this is better. A laptop will be taken...Not this NUC. More, older laptops doesn't have HDMI.
    Later, you config the computer for different users and depending on situation, you use suitable config. This is a fun project.

Categories

Upcoming Training