Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Cannot Re-install Gimp Into Mandriva

Can anyone help me? I am trying to re-install gimp-2.8.4-1.3.i586.rpm with no joy.

Every time I try, I get this error message:

"Some requested packages cannot be installed: gimp-2.8.4-1.3.i586 (due to unsatified libpoppler-glib.so.8"

Would appreciate any expert advice as to how to resolve this issue. I need to use this package right away as part of my work.

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

My email is : steveballiett@att.net

Thank you very much.

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    The error message is quite clear, it is looking for libpoppler, if you have a newer version installed that what is requested you can create a symlink in the lib directory under the expected name pointing to the existing library file.

Do you know how to check your installed apps and how to search the filesystem to see what lilpoppler version is present?
  • Hi mfillpot,

No I do not. I am not familiar with working with Linux libraries.

However, a great thing occurred this morning. I got an idea to go back into my Package Manager in Mandriva, and I located Gimp 2.6.

So I went to work in uploading it, and voila! I got it installed. It's not version 2.8, but who cares.

Now I can use Gimp again to manipulate any image I want as before. And I'm up and running again.

Thank you, mfillpot for your prompt response back.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I am glad that you found a solution.

Categories

Upcoming Training