Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Roguewavve Component Builder

I am new to this forum and have a query regarding how to build Roguewave SourcePro 12.0 on RedHat 5.5.

I need to start the "Roguewave Component Builder (RCB)" and I am unable to find the right kind of steps that would launch the source code building of RCB.

Any help/pointers would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    This looks like a Program that is made to run on the Windows operating system. I see no Linux arch. If you have a link to the Linux version, we may be able to help you, or, you can contact your RedHat representative to see if it's somehow compatible with their OS.
  • Roguewave SourcePro supports SuSE Linux (both desktop / server) and RedHat other than Windows. It also supports open source db like MySql/ PostgreSql other than Oracle / Sybase. Hope, u know these all. Regarding ur actual Q, here is some links that may be help u to the some extents,..... building apps: www.roguewave.com/portals/0/products/sourcepro/docs/12.0/html/evalug/5-3.html

using modules: http://kb.roguewave.com/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=1453&Msg=
  • virag
    virag Posts: 3
    Hi Rechil_colin,

Thanks for your inputs. However, this link tells us about how to build a cpp application/program with Roguewave. I am looking on how to invoke "Roguewave Component Builder" on RedHat 5.5.

Any info on that front would help.

Thanks in advance.
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Contact RogueWave? I was a RW OEM for years in the 90's and 00's - their engineering tech support people were always very helpful. If this is not a legitimately licensed copy, then you are SOL - pay the price and get the support!
  • If this copy is licensed and u purchased this one, so far, Rubberman's suggestion is good, contact with their enggs to get solve.
  • virag
    virag Posts: 3
    Hi All,

Yes my copy is a licensed one. But I was able to resolve that particular problem. There was a permission's issue and asked my company's IT services to resolve it.

I am sorry I could not get back to reply here since after that I got entangled into some other roadblocks specific to the software for which I am using roguewave libraries.

Categories

Upcoming Training