Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Need Of a Good Download Manager

Options
ravi_buz
ravi_buz Posts: 3

Hai i am using ubuntu and love it ,The only problem which makes me need of windows is the lack of a good download manager in it.Yes ubuntu has some download managers like kget,xdownload,downthemall etc but none are multi browser integratable and lack manu functionalities present in orbit downloader or IDM etc which are available in Windows .

Do you guys free the same.And i hope some one will compile a good linux app from the source code of orbit which i think is also opesource

Comments

• Xipher_Zero
    Options
    ravi_buz wrote:
    Hai i am using ubuntu and love it ,The only problem which makes me need of windows is the lack of a good download manager in it.Yes ubuntu has some download managers like kget,xdownload,downthemall etc but none are multi browser integratable and lack manu functionalities present in orbit downloader or IDM etc which are available in Windows .
    Do you guys free the same.And i hope some one will compile a good linux app from the source code of orbit which i think is also opesource

I have run into the same issue and am currently using downthemall in gecko based browsers..... unfortunately I don't know of any others than the ones you have previously mentioned that might have the features you are looking for.

Categories

Upcoming Training