Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

New & Learning...

Linux is an astounding service and concept. Yes! I heard of Linux many years ago but it never made it into the mainstream home users. In the late 1960s I learned to go into does, fix or change commands. When MSW finally invaded the scene, over time I became a MSW dunce-- point, click, guess, and default kept me going all these years and fear.

Now at age 73, I'm learning linux almost solo except for a younger friend who dumped all things MSW, and like me, we are going all Linux OS & programs. Fear has been replaced with caution, and caution fuels learning, hours of it. Learning my way around the forums and huge support I'm confident this will be one of the most rewarding things I will do in my senior years.

Will be back many times I'm certain but I will make search attempt as suggested by Marc Deop.

Cheers!

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Welcome to your new "home" :)

And rememberr: have fun!

• cinchona
    cinchona Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat as you. Just joined up because of licensing issues with Win7 in the corporate environment and I have had it! I am now looking into Linux-based server and client software as well as some sort of email exchange-like service. Hope this works out for you SeniorLearner1938!
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Welcome to you both, I look forward to your questions and input.

Categories

Upcoming Training