Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

need my plugin to do that

Options

yum install says that java is installed. both my browsers say I need to install. How do I get them to shake hands?

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Options
    I hate this spammers :S

Anyway... are you sure you installed java? What do you mean by "java"?

The JRE? the SDK? the ant compiler?

If it's indeed installed...have you tried rebooting?

Your browser might have an option to scan for new installed plugins...

Regards
  • willettwork
    Options
    doing yum install for java or jre I get

Package 1:java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-61.1.10.4.fc16.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Nothing to do

I'm using chrome if that gives a clue. I have tried with Firefox also. Both give the puzzle piece. That leads to the DL from java but if it is already installed...

I have SDK. I use Eclipse to compile. Eclipse shows the applet working but the applet will not open in html.

I so agree about spammers.
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Options
    You need your browsers' Java plugins. What browser(s) are you running, and are you running a 64-bit OS? If so, are you running 64-bit or 32-bit browser(s)?
  • willettwork
    Options
    Everything I load is 64bit. Fedora is 64, firefox came with Fedora. i normally use chrome 64bit...
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Options
    Yes, well I have the same problem on some sites with my 64-bit FF and Chrome. I think they are looking for 32-bit plugins, which I don't think work with the 64-bit browsers. Blame it on the web site developers... :-) You might have more luck running the 32-bit plugins with a 32-bit browser, which you can install on a 64-bit Linux OS. Before 64-bit Flash was available, I had to run 32-bit FF with 32-bit flash in order to run YouTube and other flash stuff on the web. Not so any longer, but the problem is similar.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    Sorry about the spam. I deleted the posts. Hopefully we'll get the functionality back soon so forum users will be able to alert us easier. I try, along with the other mods, to post in recent threads so we get subscribed and then receive email when someone posts in the thread. Unfortunately, we miss a few. Sorry for the hassel, I'm sure it will get better soon.
  • willettwork
    Options
    Thank you GoingEasy. I appreciate your efforts.

I just installed the other Linux. Let's see how this works.

Categories

Upcoming Training