Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

General problems

I did download kubuntu 11.10 and try to install but it do not work. First I set "start from DVD" but the computer do start from harddisk. Than after it show me

"chroot: can`t execute dpkg-divert : input/output error"

After download and burning DVD I compare the burning files and the program tells me that all will be ok.

What will be the problem?

Old Windows Settings from years ago?

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    What kind of hardware are you trying to boot the LiveCD on? How much memory does it have? Your line "Old Windows Settings from years ago" sort of gives me the feeling that this is an older computer.

From what I've seen looking for this error with Google, the advice was given to try a different CD burner, at a lower speed. Possible not over 4X.

Since you didn't give us much info, you might want to take a look at the Google page I came up with and see if any of the folks who had a similar error come up, might explain your problem.

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1361482.html

If you still have problems post back with all the info about your hardware etc., and maybe we can give you some better ideas.
  • I did the download with Mandriva and the burning by k3b-ISO with the lowest speed (2x) by using the first computer.
    My first computer are ASRock M3A770DE, AM3 dual-core, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 5450,
    the second MSI K9N6PGM2, AM2 dual-core, 4 GB RAM, Gainward 8400GS.

When I put in the DVD my first boot-device are CD-Player in BIOS (DVD) but it start from HD. After 4 or 5 times starting the computer it begins to start from DVD, but very slow (need till 10 min starting) and than are following all the error-messages.

At least I try the i386- and amd64-version of kubuntu 11.10.

Categories

Upcoming Training