Welcome to the new Linux Foundation Forum!

Favorite game?

What's your favorite linux game?

For me, it's a tie between Tremulous and Nethack. B)

Comments

• mfillpotmfillpot Posts: 2,180
    I can't set a definite favorite, so here are the games by category.

For FPS - Urban Terror
    For Arcade Style - Astromenace
    And to kill time - lbreakout
  • Hmm, I have to chose between FreeCol, Simutrans, Nexuiz and Urban Terror. I think UT makes the deal.
  • mhangmanmhangman Posts: 4
    world of warcraft... but can i play it? no :D
  • tombhadACtombhadAC Posts: 1
    Neverwinter Nights - The best available RPG for Linux.
  • At the moment I play Spring/BA/CA the most. Awesome RTS, really one of the best out there.
  • AZorinAZorin Posts: 2
    Super Tux Kart all the way!
  • LKPLKP Posts: 5
    not much of a gamer but doom 3 for me :P
  • fiannofianno Posts: 3
    Has to be Enemy Territiry for me :laugh:
  • Scorched3d - Scorched Earth revisioned in 3d

Bomberclone - Atomic bomberman clone

Wormux - Worms: Armageddon clone
  • Xipher_ZeroXipher_Zero Posts: 48
    I'd have to say Enemy Territories: Quake Wars (Not Open-Source but works beautifully!) and Nexuiz!

Both of these are fantastic FPS shooters and are great for an adrenaline packed experienced.

Cheers,
    Xipher
  • abrenarabrenar Posts: 117
    EMPIRE EARTH AND DOTA ALL STAR Yiiiiipeeeee!!!
  • GuzanofGuzanof Posts: 14
    fceu, FlightGear, Counter-Strike and Diablo II under wine.
    mhangman wrote:
    world of warcraft... but can i play it? no :D

I just loaded a guide to getting WoW running well in WINE. I wrote this a few weeks ago for a friend and he was up and running that day. I uploaded it to my blog section here on linux.com here is the direct link:

http://www.linux.com/community/blogs/How-to-Setup-World-of-Warcraft-on-Linux.html

Cheers,
    Xipher
  • isaacisaac Posts: 17
    Linux native: Frozen Bubble is crack

WINE: Lord of the Rings Online
  • atreyuatreyu Posts: 216
    DOOM and DOOM ][

because:

1. they will run on my craptacular laptop
    2. they do not require wine (nothing vs wine)
    3. the MUSIC!
  • darkixiondarkixion Posts: 41
    I would have to say Freespace 2 using the Freespace 2 Source Code Project. Still an awesome game, even to this day.
  • [ol]
    [li]Quake III Arena[/li]
    [li]Unreal Tournament 2004, then 2007 (with linux installer on disc!)[/li]
    [li]Frozen Bubble[/li]
    [/ol]

Quake 3 is still my top favourite but I have not gamed in Linux in so long. My home PC is left on the XP partition since all I do after work is World of Warcraft and sleep.
    Is there a Native client for Unreal Tournament 3 ..... I thought that the client's development had stalled
  • XataXata Posts: 1
    Savage2 and Nexuis. Sometimes Sauerbraten, but Linux games lacks good car racing game. The only worth racing project from my point of view was Racer, but now it is closed-source and not developed for linux any more :(
  • phispherephisphere Posts: 3
    i'm not much of a gamer, but occasionally it's nice to let some steam out with 30 minutes of fps.

* enemy territory
    * urban terror

Xata wrote:
    Savage2 and Nexuis. Sometimes Sauerbraten, but Linux games lacks good car racing game. The only worth racing project from my point of view was Racer, but now it is closed-source and not developed for linux any more :(
    unfortunately i must agree.
    if you're interested, i can recommend live for speed, which is free (base version) racing simulator and runs very well under wine. it's also light on resources for a racing game.
  • arno911arno911 Posts: 1
    my favorit game is Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, and i enjoyd playing ET Quake Wars (newr, not better^^)

if i need a break for 5 minutes, I play the good old asciijump !!
  • Gl Tron all the way!! http://gltron.org
  • darkixiondarkixion Posts: 41
    I forgot to mention World Of Goo, which is graphically awesome, even on my netbook! I bought a copy after playing the free demo.
  • thanks for sharing the world of goo game with us. I have never heard of this one. Went to the website and saw that it is 20 dollars but there is a downloadable demo.
  • disidisi Posts: 11
    currently installed:

puzzle game: einstein (warning is addictive)

wine: Red Alert 3 :)
  • ravi_buzravi_buz Posts: 3
    For some mind less bombing i choose scorched 3d
  • lostsonlostson Posts: 3
    Alien Arena is alot of fun Enemy Territory, nexuiz, Open Arena are all fun but my favorite of all time is UT99.
  • CoderManCoderMan Posts: 6
    All around, probably LGenerals. It is a Panzer General clone.

Also, I have been having a lot of fun with FreedroidRPG lately. As far as FPS, Nexuiz is pretty good, maybe Alien Arena as well.
  • NaikiNaiki Posts: 7
    Second Life is still my fave linux native game :)
  • RovanionRovanion Posts: 73
    When it comes to Linux native games it's absolutely OpenArena. That game is just genious.

Trough Wine it's World of Warcraft. Why o why did they drop the development of the Linux native version?