Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 4.1, not able to run invoke query. encountered an error "endorsement failure during invoke"

Options

Hello Forum,
I encountered an error during the execution of a query invoke. Is there anyone here who can help me with this? I have provided a screenshot of the error. Please let me know what steps I need to take to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Answers

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190
    Options

@sabina35 ,
    Hello, let me see if I can help you.
    The error you're encountering,
    "endorsement failure during invoke. response: status:500 message:”error in simulation: failure to execute transaction …., could not launch chaincode",
    typically indicates a problem with the chaincode (smart contract) execution on the Fabric network. This can be due to several reasons. Here are some steps to diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Chaincode Status:
    Ensure the chaincode is installed and instantiated correctly on the peer(s).

Chaincode Logs:
    Inspect the logs of the peer(s) where the chaincode is supposed to be running. The logs might provide more insights into why the chaincode failed to launch.

Chaincode Endorsement Policy:
    Verify that the endorsement policy is being met for the transaction. If the policy requires endorsements from specific peers, ensure those peers have the chaincode installed and are operational.

I hope this provides valuable insights into the nature of the error. Another resource is the Hyperledger Discord page for Fabric discussions.
    Bobbi

• sabina35
    sabina35 Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you for your response. I have thoroughly checked everything from the chaincode installation process to the commit stage. The chaincode definition has been successfully committed in all peers. However, I encountered an error only during the invoke command. The issue remains the same.

Categories

Upcoming Training